Beyond the Bell provides a time for students to explore an academic, athletic, or social interest outside of the school day. The small class size allows for individual growth and accomplishment in a chosen field of activity.
Monday, October 25 to Friday, January 14
Please note: Students attending Beyond the Bell Programs must be picked up promptly at 4:30 p.m. Since these programs take place after the completion of the regular school day, bus transportation is not available. We encourage families to form carpools, if possible.
- Parents will be billed by The Buckley School Business Office for all programs and material/swim meet fees. Payment is not available online. The number of classes held in the Beyond the Bell Programs session determines instruction fees. The Performing Arts Conservatory (PAC) fees are based on the number and length of lessons given.
- A student is enrolled in order of receipt of the application. Enrollment is limited. Confirmation of enrollment will be sent via email. If a selection is closed, a student will be placed on a waiting list. In case a vacancy occurs during the session, the waiting list is honored. Classes are subject to cancellation if under-enrolled.
- A supervised recess is held from 2:30 to 3:00 p.m. on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. On Wednesday, recess is held from 1:30 to 2:00 p.m.
- Please send an additional healthy snack to school with your child for nourishment before Beyond the Bell begins. After recess, students will have their snacks and then begin class refreshed and energized.
- This year, we are also offering extended days daily from the conclusion of Beyond the Bell programs from 4:30 until 6:00 p.m. Students will have the opportunity to refresh with an allergen-free snack, engage in supervised playtime, enjoy a good book, or work on completing school assignments. Participants must sign up for a Beyond the Bell program for each day of the week that they enroll in the extended day program. Students enrolled in the extended day program will be picked up and signed out each day by a parent or guardian from the extended day location no later than 6:00 p.m. Occasional drop-in care is also available; for more information, contact Roslyn Perez at firstname.lastname@example.org.